Last few days before ramazan means catching up with friends over breakfast, coffee mornings and brunches. So when i hosted a brunch over my place, i faced the dilemma to chose a breakfast dish to add to my duo.
After going through the recipes of several baked omelettes, shakshukas and breakfast quiches, i came up with my own version of Frittata. Luckily the experiment went great and it was a hit among guests. So here’s the no fail easy breezy recipe:
- Eggs – 12
- Vegetables of your choice: i added Mushrooms, Capsicum all colours red, green, yellow and orange, Peas, Corns, Spring onion – Quantity as much as you like
- Grated mozrella cheese – a hand full i took
- Cheddar cheese slices – 4 ( you may use grated)
- Milk – 100ml
- Oil to grease the baking dish and to sautee veggies
- Salt, black pepper, red chilli powder – to taste
- Dried basil and oregano – a few pinches
- In a pan take a lil bit of butter, add mushrooms to it, sprinkle little salt and pepper.
- When mushrooms are toasted add other vegetables and just sautee a bit. For peas and corn, boil them first. Set aside the veggies to cool down.
- In a mixing ball crack 12 eggs and beat them up. Add milk and whip some more.
- Season the mixture with salt, black pepper and red chilli powder as per your taste.
- Add the sauteed vegetables and cheese.
- Add a few pinches of dried oregano and basil and mix it all up.
- Grease a dish and pour this mixture into it.
- Refrigerate for an hour. I made it at night, refrigerated and baked in the morning.
- Preheat oven to 180 °C and bake for 30 mins or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Serve with your choice of sides, i did with beans along with herbed and grilled chicken franks and veggies. Enjoy!